Unless you work for 2020 On-site Optometry, “mobile vision center” probably isn’t a term you hear every day. We’re on a mission to change that, but in the meantime we want you to know what to expect before stepping on board for your eye exam. Some people aren’t sure about getting their eyes examined on a vehicle, so we’re here to eliminate any doubts you might have about the quality, cleanliness, supplies, service, and modern vibes you’ll discover on our Mobile Vision Center (MVC). We aren't your traditional doctor’s office, but the only difference is our wheels!
We could go on and on about the space we've created on our MVC's, but we'll spare you all the details and leave you with these eight key things you might be interested to know before booking an appointment with 2020 On-site. And then, we'll let you see for yourself with a virtual walk-through!
- State-of-the-art-equipment: our wheels don’t stop us from delivering high-quality care using the latest equipment and technology. From ipad check-in stations, to HD retinal imaging machines and wi-fi connected computers, we have top-of-the-line gear just as you’d expect to see at a brick-and-mortar optometry office.
- Private exam room: we are a HIPAA-compliant healthcare company, and as such your medical information will stay between you and the optometrist unless you request otherwise. Our exam rooms are separated from the rest of the space, so you can feel comfortable asking the doctor questions and discussing your medical information.
- Pretesting area: as part of a comprehensive eye exam, before you head into the exam room to see the doctor our ophthalmic technician will do a few preliminary tests that measure things like the curvature of your eyes and eye pressure. We'll even take a photo of your retina!
- Three knowledgeable 2020 staff members: otherwise known as "visionaries:, each MVC is manned by an awesome team of three:
- A highly-qualifed, independent optometrist who will take you through the exam, inform you on the health of your eyes, and answer any medical questions you might have.
- An experienced ophthalmic technician who will perform your pretesting, explaining the tests along the way.
- A helpful, friendly store manager who will help you check in and out, process any co-pays and paperwork, and assist with product purchases if you so choose!
- Seating: our exams are efficient, so there’s typically not much wait time, but we do want to be sure you’re comfortable and have a place to relax if you arrive early. So take a load off and have a seat, unless of course, you’re too busy browsing through our…
- 300+ frames: from basic, affordable brands to high-end designer names, we’ve got you covered when it comes to fashionable glasses and sunglasses. There’s no pressure to buy, but feel free to try them on and ask our store manager for advice! We’ve got plenty of…
- Mirrors: because we wouldn’t send you out wearing a pair glasses without having checked yourself out first!
- Contact lenses: while they're not out on display, know that you can order contact lenses on board - we offer a wide variety of brands and have them shipped directly to you. Plus, our prices are cheaper than 1-800-CONTACTS!
There's more to it than that, but we think that list gives you a good gist. But you might still be having a hard time picturing it all, right? We get it, a lot of us are visual learners too. So here - take an MVC for a (virtual) spin with our video walk-through!