Happy New Year!
As I reflect on 2020 (both the year and our company), I am extremely proud of many of our accomplishments - and still troubled by the impact of COVID-19 on our team and community.
It was quite a year! There were terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days and moments of joy and silver linings. We were exhausted and exhilarated! I hope that 2020 On-site was able to be there for you when you needed us. We stand ready to support you in 2021.
More than ever, I am grateful for all of your support. Our team worked tirelessly to adapt to the changing circumstances and innovate to serve new needs and communities. In 2020, we:
- Delivered free eye exams and eye glasses to 13 area schools in partnership with Boston Public Schools, New England College of Optometry and Warby Parker through our Vision for Boston initiative.
- Launched Ecommerce, Virtual Styling, and Telehealth to support our patients virtually whether they needed to renew a contact lens prescription, update their look, or chat with one of our ODs about dry eye or other eye health conditions.
- Rerouted our mobile clinics to 30 neighborhoods to take care of our patients at home vs. at work. Our most popular stop was Brookline, followed closely by Somerville, Cambridge and Framingham. We will continue our neighborhood pop-up program through 2021 with 31 visits already scheduled in January. Book Here.
- In Q1, we delivered care to over 6,500 patients at nearly 150 companies in Boston, Atlanta, and Chicago. In June, we started rolling again and adapted our clinic protocols to safely care for patients in Massachusetts.
- While many companies are still WFH, there are many jobs that cannot be done at home. We are honored to serve many of our clients who have gone above and beyond to provide safe, on-site vision care to their teams during the pandemic including Novartis, Charles River Laboratories, Emerson Swan & Flexcon, Boston College, Haartz Corporation, Mini-Systems, Formlabs, the Innovation and Design Building, Cognex and many more.
And the biggest transformation last year was the launch of our new direct-to-patient service to support pharmaceutical and biotech customers. In 2020 we:
- Expanded our patient-centric services to support decentralized clinical trials and post-marketing drug compliance programs. The pandemic upended clinical trials, with most trials delayed or suspended; we launched a service to bring assessments directly to the patients' homes to support much needed drug discovery.
- Received Emmes Optym certification for meeting all professional optometric standards and STERIS certification for excellent air quality. We are the first mobile clinic to receive either endorsement.
- In support of acceleration of drug discovery, we have driven over 54,000 miles, through 44 states, and delivered hundreds of assessments. Our expanded services were featured in BostInno in July.
I also want to take a moment to acknowledge the significant challenges we faced as a company this year. The complete shut-down in March and overall shift to work from home throughout the year led to significant drop in demand for our on-site services in 2020. We had to close our Atlanta and Chicago offices as well as scale-back operations in Boston. We continue to see the underlying need and engagement of our corporate clients. We know many are anxious to resume our on-site services and we are ready to serve when employees get back to the office. We are grateful to have been able to bring many furloughed employees back to work, and we are working tirelessly to get back to full-strength in 2021.
Thank you for all your support! At 2020 On-site, we are here to safely serve your vision care needs so that you can see clearly in the year ahead.